- Mechanic will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical devices on production lines and support equipment in a timely manner.
- Multicraft Mechanic responsibilities also include rebuilding of pumps and related equipment, complete daily preventative maintenance procedures and complete work orders as scheduled.
- Mechanic communicate operating information/concerns to personnel on other shifts.
- Responsible for all associated documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: 1 - 2 year college or technical school
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 3 years job-related experience.
- Technical school preferred.
- Allen Bradley PLC experience strongly preferred.
- Journeyman’s license preferred.
- Great electrical, mechanical, air cylinder hydraulics skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and ladder logic is a plus.
- BC/BS available to full time employees after 60 days
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Manages Others: No
Requires Travel: No
Requires Valid Driver's License: Yes
Requires References: Yes
Criminal Background Check: Yes
Drug Screening: Yes
Must be at least 19 years of age: Yes
About Darrell Walker Workforce
Darrell Walker Workforce is an Employment Agency offering job placement, temp staffing, and career opportunities in the Birmingham, AL metro and north Alabama. Integrity, professionalism, and quality service are integral components in our relationships with both job-seekers and employers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an EEO Employer. Except where permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.