OPPORTUNITY- IMMEDIATE OPENING
Job openings for Industrial Maintenance Technicians in Birmingham, Alabama metro area.
Darrell Walker WorkForce has partnered with a Birmingham area client in recruiting for an experienced Electrical Mechanical Technician for duties to be performed in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Pay- $25.00 -$32.00 / Depending on Experience
DAY SHIFT- 12 HOUR SHIFTS WHEN NEEDED
NIGHT SHIFT- 12 HOUR SHIFTS WHEN NEEDED APPLY NOW AT: www.darrelllwalkerworkforce.com
Seeking an experienced Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician with 3-phase, 480V, 208, 1 phase 120V, 24V DC and industrial troubleshooting experience to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring and equipment, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. Maintain and repair conveyor systems – chains, sprockets and rollers maintenance experience.
· Ability to perform general industrial maintenance to manufacturing equipment to support production
- Maintain scheduled preventative maintenance as determined
- Applied knowledge of electrical function of equipment and machinery
· Demonstrate mechanical knowledge
· Competent with programming of VFD's
· Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC's / program
· Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Education: 1 - 2 year college or technical school
Qualifications and Requirements of Maintenance Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a high speed environment.
- Experience in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, electrical and electronics, including a good working knowledge of PLC’s.
- Must be able to understand, read and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
· Four (4) years electrical and industrial equipment maintenance experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Must be available to work 12 hour day / night shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime
· High School diploma or equivalent
Most of the time spent standing and walking. May be situations which require up to 50 pounds of lifting. Must be able to bend periodically. Must be able to see and hear.
Manages Others: No
Requires Travel: No
Requires Valid Driver's License: Yes
Requires References: Yes
Criminal Background Check: Yes
Drug Screening: Yes
Must be at least 19 years of age: Yes
About Darrell Walker Workforce
Darrell Walker Workforce is an Employment Agency offering job placement, temp staffing, and career opportunities in the Birmingham, AL metro and north Alabama. Integrity, professionalism, and quality service are integral components in our relationships with both job-seekers and employers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an EEO Employer. Except where permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.