Job openings for Dispatcher in Bessemer, Alabama area.
HOURS - TBA - Hours may vary and flexibility with work schedule needed
Annual Salary - $45,000-$55,000 - DOE
*Temp To Hire Opportunity depending on performance*
HIRING IMMEDIATELY- APPLY TODAY : www.darrellwalkerworkforce.com
Email Resumes to- firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION SUMMARY : Experienced Dispatcher will work with logistics team to efficiently manage scheduling with trucking department of a Bessemer area based company.
- Accurate Data Maintenance as designated by management
- Review paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Effective written and verbal communication with team members to meet customer and scheduling demands.
- Correctly and effectively operate office equipment and database systems.
- Correct and accurate records maintenance and reporting to management to support company goals and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains and continues to learn transportation regulations and statutes set by the Alabama Department of Transportation.
- Excellent computer skills, typing skills, high level of Excel skills
Education: High School Graduate / GED
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3+ years experience in the transportation/ trucking industry required.
- Working knowledge of State DOT regulations for the Trucking Industry
- Strong Communication experience working as a Dispatcher in the Trucking Industry
Education: Minimum of High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); College Degree with Logistics/ Transportation focus a plus.Job Requirements:
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Hard Hat, PPE Vest, Safety Glasses,
- Ability to maneuver trailer doors, climb into and out of trucks without accommodation.
- Job may require as needed to be outside in weather elements.
**Qualified Applicants must be 19 years of age or older, have HSD or GED, have valid drivers' license and must pass background screening and drug testing.**
Requires Valid Driver's License: Yes
Criminal Background Check: Yes
Drug Screening: Yes
Must be at least 19 years of age: Yes
About Darrell Walker Workforce
Darrell Walker Workforce is an Employment Agency offering job placement, temp staffing, and career opportunities in the Birmingham, AL metro and north Alabama. Integrity, professionalism, and quality service are integral components in our relationships with both job-seekers and employers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an EEO Employer. Except where permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.